Brendan Quartermaine is the current Motorkhana Secretary and he is happy to answer any questions you have. Please contact him on 0468 357 373.
Extract from SWTCC Club Handbook
A motorkhana is a non-speed event designed to test the acceleration, braking and handling of a car, and the skill and judgement of its driver. A motorkhana can be run in an everyday road car (although many are not) and the vehicle will be required to pass scrutiny (see scrutineering tips on page11). Most importantly motorkhanas are a chance to have fun while learning how to control a car in a variety of situations.
The event can be run on a gravel or bitumen surface with a timed test of up to 8 different courses. Cars start and finish their run in a marked garage.
Drivers must be a minimum of 12 years old, a SWTCC member (or take out a day membership) and hold a minimum of a CAMS Level 2 Non Speed licence. CAMS licenses and Club membership can be done on the day. Entry forms are available on the web two weeks prior to the event and entries are accepted on the day.
Navigators are permitted in Motorkhana events—if the navigator is not a registered driver for the event then they must sign a disclaimer.
The event has a maximum of 40 drivers and there can be up to 3 drivers per car.
Some, or all, of the following classes are run at the event, at the discretion of SWTCC Motorkhana Event Secretary:
- Class F & A – specials and 2wd wheelbase up to 2150mm
- Class B & E – 2WD wheelbase 2151mm to 2390 mm and 4WD
- Class C & D – 2wd wheelbase 2391 and over
- Juniors (12yrs to 17 years on date of competition) in all above classes.
The following guidelines are those generally applied to Motorkhana events but it is essential you read the Regulations and Supplementary
Regulations for each event:
Clothing (As per CAMS Schedule D: Apparel)
- Helmet: not mandatory (unless driving a Motorkhana special when a Level B standard is required)
- Clothes: Minimum of short sleeve shirt/t shirt and short pants
- Footwear: enclosed shoes (non-flammable)
Tyres— must be road tyres on drive wheels (and must not be grooved)
Usual times are as follows but check the Supplementary Regulations for each event:
Registration & scrutiny: 8:30 am by 9.45 am.
Entries Close: 9.00 am
Drivers Briefing: 9.45 am. ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND
First test starts: 10.00 am
In the interest of fair and equitable competition a range of penalties have been determined by CAMS and are outlined in each events competition regulations.
Penalties are applied to the following infringements:
- knocking any marker over
- vehicle not fully garaged during the course of a test
- finishing a test with part of the vehicle outside the end of the finish garage
- failing to halt completely at the finish of a test
- finishing a test with the vehicle completely outside the finish garage boundaries
- incorrect method (any procedure other than that specified as the correct procedure for completing that test)
- failure to complete a test or failure to attempt a test
- running out of order without the prior approval of the Clerk of the Course
- reversing after crossing the designated finish line
- failure to attempt a test
Check the Regulations and Supplementary Regulations for each event AS VARIATIONS MAY OCCUR
Single Membership $40
Family Membership $60 (Adult couple and any dependent children up to the age of 18 as at 1st January in the membership year).
Adult $25.00 | Junior $15
Adult $70.00 | Junior $45
(Junior drivers may be required to show proof of age)
Adult $25.00 | Junior $10
Don’t Miss Our Events
Sign up to receive information about events and news
Jason Lowther 0407 658 609
Kelsey Gerdei 0418 917 228
Adam Wright 0437 617 385
Brendan Hansen 0407 984 322
Graeme Miles 0418 939 002